Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Jahin .. " W 3agaby ! "

Salah Jahin .. (AKA - Jahin )
I've never read something that touches me soo deep ..
the way it happens whenever i read "Roba3eyat Salah Jahin" ( AKA-Al Roba3eyat )
its just amazing .. how can the words touch ur heart ..
the way the words xpress the feelings u have .. is more than amazing ..

Sometimes when i read some of jahin's work ..
I wonder .. How could he know this !!
its like he's talkin about me ..

Well for me .. as i was never a " i like poetry" person ..
Jahin's writings 've changed so much in the way i read poetry ..
poetry from my point of view 've always been .. "3antara ebn shadad .. al motanaby .. etc )
things we studied @ skool ..
Jahin introduced me to a diff kind of poetry ..
poetry of the ordinary ppl ..
he uses words u say everyday ..
even phrases u use every day ..
his words are just too simple in a way that makes it too deep and meaningful ..
Thanks 2 Jahin's writings .. I started 2 read for others who wrote poetry ..
I read for the 1st time poetry by "Beram Al Tonsi" who's considered like one of "slang poetry"
gods .. if we can call it/him so ..
I read "Ahmed Fu2ad Negm" ( Akaa - Al Fagoumi ) .. who is one of the gr8est poets ive ever read .. he's just an ordinary street man .. and I enjoyed his if i may say all time gr8est duo with "Sheikh Imam Isa" ( Aka - Sheikh Imam)

Well .. i shall talk about all of them by time isa .. i know i will lol ..

But now .. let me introduce you to some of the most amazing lines u'd ever read ..
am sure it'd touch u .. the way it did 2 me ..
I'll leave you with some lines from Jahin's most amazingly poem .. (Al Roba3eyat )

أنا شاب لكن عمري ولا ألف عام
وحيد لكن بين ضلوعي زحام
خايف و لكن خوفي مني أنا
أخرس و لكن قلبي مليان كلام
عجبي

يا باب يا مقفول ... إمتي الدخول

صبرت ياما و اللي يصبر ينول

دقيت سنين ... و الرد يرجع لي : مين ؟

لو كنت عارف مين أنا كنت أقول

عجبي !!!

خرج ابن آدم من العدم قلت : ياه

رجع ابن آدم للعدم قلت : ياه

تراب بيحيا ... وحي بيصير تراب

الأصل هو الموت و الا الحياه ؟

عجبي !!!

Wut do u think .. ?
( i'll be back with more isa )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thnx for this great post

Anonymous said...

HELLO,
I HAVE A PAINTING BY SALAH JAHIN, TITLED "WOHLENBANK", I THINK. IT IS HARD TO MAKE OUT THE TITLE. IT SHOWS A LONELY STRETCH OF DESERT HIGHWAY, FLOODED BY MIRAGE-LIKE POOL OF WATER. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WORK. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS WORK, OR WHERE I MIGHT SEE PHOTOS OF HIS OTHER WORKS? I TRULY WISH I COULD READ HIS POETRY, ALAS.
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS MAXCADENHEAD@COMCAST.NET.
THANKS FOR THIS SITE. THANKS ALSO FOR ANY ASSISTANCE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE.
MAX

Anonymous said...

Well, I know this post is so old, but you might be still there to read my comment :)

I think I just want to say how I share your feeling of salah jahin's poetry.
I read Arabic, but was wondring if there any real attempts to translate his poetry specially Al Roba3eyat to English, as sometimes I really want to share his work and words with non Arabic speaking friends.

I actually made a humble attempt and translated one that I love of the Al Roba3eyat :

I who dreamed of what cannot be..
I saw the moon, I jumped up high to take for me..
Took or not, and why would I care,
When my heart with thrill became happy..
W 3agaby !


If you know of any good translations, plz write me on nowheremanid at yahoo. c o m